Search:

User: Password:

Anime-Source.Com: Forums

Anime-Source.com :: View topic - Do you think our lives have been improved by the Internet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you think our lives have been improved by the Internet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimasome
A-Source Great Mama!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I can say net did improved us ^^

It is a good source but it can turn bad if not used right.
For me it improved me a lil. I think people used to have net for entertainment and to get many information at the same time.
pnoy1212
newbie!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think the internet is bad...
There is stuff that everyone can do... from looking up information on a city or person for homework,...
and for us anime-goers to be kept up with all the anime out there
freezingbeast
newbie!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Internet is probably one of the greatest inventions after 1950, seriously, it connects everyone in the world and allows for a almost unheard of ability to communicate mass amounts of information to each other at the speed of light.

if it wasn't for the internet, there wouldn't be any fan subbing (unless you get someone in japan to mail the video to you?) No news, no video sharing, no email.... i mean if all the internet in the world just went down tomorrow, i think it will cause WIDE SPREAD CHAOS!!!

and also, the internet isn't bad by it self, it's only some people that use it thats bad.... but i mean sure.. it may have it's down sides, but it still beats hiding magazines under your bed right?
damhippies9
newbie!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a tad bit of yes and a tad bit of no i say this because yes we all meet new people find information quicker and get things doen easier such as sending a email to work and stuff like that btu also no cause it has spread problems such as identity theft and sexual predators etc.. i mean they were all around before but now its thousands of times easier for people to commit these crimes with way less risk of getting caught
mr-who
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internet has benefited me immensely. I have friends on my facebook that I haven't seen since high school. I can discuss various hobbies of mine on forums that would have been much more difficult to do so in real life. It's connected me with people of other nationalities, helping to me to learn about their countries. I now have something to do when I'm bored at home, instead of just staring out my window.
N07
newbie!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything has pros and cons. Communication--this has been one of the most recognized benefits of the internet. it has allowed for the communication of information across great distances and quickly. cons-ppl can be consumed by it and lose touch with reality.
bflores
newbie!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well internet helps alot of people to do stuff like people who can't talk they can speak with you with the internet but it also makes other people more lazy. like know most people buy their stuff from the internet instead of the store.
Dobby
ass kicked by admin & banned!!!
ass kicked by admin & banned!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because now all new people, talk to them and find my needs The internet has benefited me immensely. Communication this has been one of the most recognized benefits of the internet, it has allowed for the communication of information across great distances and quickly, cons-ppl can be consumed by it and lose touch with reality.

And also It is connected me with people of other nationalities, helping to me to learn about their countries, I now have something to do when I'm bored at home, instead of just staring out my window,because yes we all meet new people find information quicker.

and get things doesn't easier such as sending a email to work and stuff like that but also no cause it has spread problems like virus. and thousands of times easier for people to commit these crimes with way less risk of getting caught.
[IMG:400:150:c434d4fd77]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/saber_j/vandreadcopy.jpg[/img:c434d4fd77]
kevinchaosvs
Shogun

Location: The transitional borders between Fantasy and Reality

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N07 wrote:
everything has pros and cons. Communication--this has been one of the most recognized benefits of the internet. it has allowed for the communication of information across great distances and quickly. cons-ppl can be consumed by it and lose touch with reality.

The quote from Fullmetal Alchemist about "losing things in order to gain another thing" kinda apply as we progress- it's all about whether you feel that what you lost in order to gain, is worth it to you. But overall, I'll say : YES ! Of coz, it improved life !

(to begin with ,if I said no, I wont even be here, online, to say no) Very Happy

Last edited by kevinchaosvs on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaiya_Yumi
newbie!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet is like one of the best creations of mankind...
Can you imagine a world without the Internet?? *shocked by the idea..*
It would be like... gosh I can't even imagine it...
Razz
Terentius
A-Source Staff
A-Source Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's perhaps one of the greatest inventions ever.

Case in point:

I saw a patient today that was paralysed from the waste down after a car accident. He's been like this for 4 years and yet, he's the happiest person on his ward.

Why? After admitting that he felt like 'ending it' right after the accident, he found solice on the internet in the form of a forum.

He didn't tell me the exact details of what forum it was, but he said that without the social support from the other members there, he wouldn't be here today.

Of course there are some horrendous places on the net, but after hearing this gentleman's story, how I could I ever see the Internet as a truly bad thing?

Plus... I've got Xbox LIVE Cool Cool

"Kick reason to the curb and surpassing the impossible!" - Kamina, "Gurren Lagann"
scar_yushi
newbie!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think is not improve by they Internet cause here now is a lot of corrupting and poverty cause only the one who make Internet improve is only People.
LAZARUS802
newbie!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL THE INTERNET HAS ITS GOOD AND BAD QUILITY IT DOES MAKE THINGS EASIER TO DO AND WHAT NOT BUT ON FOURNTLY IT ALSO DRAWS A LOT OF PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE WORLD CAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS ON IT AND NEVER OUT DOING THINGS MAKES PEOPLE SHELTERED AND STUFF SO IN AN OVER ALL I THINK THAT THE INTERNET IS REALLY NOT GOOD IN THE LONG RUN BUT HEY I AM JUST ONE PERSON SO NOT MUCH I CAN SAY TO CHANGE SOME ONE ELSES MIND
Xristyan
THE Forumer®
THE Forumer®

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all comes down to moderation. The internet will always have its pros and cons but don't blame it for being itself... the users are the ones that make it what it is... the internet is just a medium for it...

In my case, I would say it is a big improvement on my life and my family's life... In terms of being able to communicate with our relatives overseas the internet is our life line... without it, there would be no webcams or chatting... In terms of my work which involves medical health, without the internet I would not be able to do research on things that would help the patients I am looking out for... In terms of me connecting with other people, without the internet I would not have been able to meet and become friends with some of the people in this site...

I can understand why people would view the so called down side of internet... but its not really the internet that is bad... internet "evil doings" is done by people using the internet as its tool of demise... and those that fear people would become sheltered and introvert cause of the internet... well its the choice of the person itself again. They chose to be sheltered, to be dependent on something that is just a tool for communication... they chose to lock themselves up and distance themselves from reality... its the person's perception or view on the internet that would make it either bad or good... the internet is just there...

owwwkay... that seems like I'm rambling on now... Razz
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe, maybe not
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: