Search:

User: Password:

Anime-Source.Com: Forums

Anime-Source.com :: View topic - do you play GUITAR
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

do you play GUITAR
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you play GUITAR
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 40 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
Thinking about it
22%
 22%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 66

solivone
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: do you play GUITAR Reply with quote

Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows how to play the guitar
cause it would be cool to know some more people to chat about guitar stuff Very Happy
snagglepuss
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play the guitar! but it suck... i would go to some guitar lessons, but the only one near me is a "learn to roooock!!! school" and thats not quite my cup of tea.
sakuraglory
Yari Ashigaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play a guitar, its fun playing guitar wen ur speaker is marshall and ur guitar is fender or gibson lol...it rocks although my fingers somtimes hurts ><
[img:450:200:a60d293270]http://www.anime-source.com/upload/uploadFiles/yuren.jpg[/img:a60d293270]

~ Cute AngeLs ~
solivone
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry about your fingers cause if they hurt that means your getting better at guitar Very Happy and i play a B.C rich warlock and i have a Laney amp this combo really works for your sound quility Twisted Evil
the_waltz
Naginata Ashigaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, yes i do. but just so you know, it's not easy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
solivone
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey everyone i just wanted to know how long you have been playing and wat type off music do you play or intend to play.
i have been playing for about a year but dont look down on me cause i am the best in my school and you get people playin guitar for over 3 years there
and i play thrash metal music, it is really intense to keep up with the speed and changes you get Very Happy
frozen_chicken
Daimyo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking about taking guitar lessons but most of my family members know how to play guitar so i'll prolli ask them how to play but i havent played guitar for some time now so i'll just look stupid playing it.
Spite
Yari Ashigaru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh dearie me but I have a lot to say on this topic. I play the bass guitar, and the way most bassists play these days appals me. Its like they had a spare guitarist around who wasn't any good and just gave him a bass instead.

My style of playing is similar to 70's slap funk, like Marcus Miller. I'm also pretty adept at playing 16th's, I started the bass by learning tunes by Jaco Pastorious so I;ve gotten pretty fast at both my finger style and the slap bass. I also know a few tunes by Bach for my 5 string bass, which turn out pretty well because he originally wrote tunes for the lute which is a predecessor of the Bass.

I have 3 bases, an Epiphone rock bass of unknown make, its got a tight neck an two humbucker pickups. The 2nd is an original 70's studio piece of equipment called a Westone Thunder 3 bass that I picked up 2nd hand before I realised how rare these are, its got 2 ring pickups and a two band eq, gives out a great old school funk sound. The last and my pride and joy is a Cort B5, which has a full 3 band EQ and two Bertolini mk3 humbucker pickups. This thing can rock Shocked . Cort is basically the Korean manufacturer for Ibanez basses, so its exactly the same but with the name premium knocked off so its half the price. Sweet, eh?
solivone
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i know wat you mean by people playin basses these day's i got a friend who is mint at bass and we jam alot and he's always going on about "bass players today dont look cool if they dont finger pic" and i agree with him but why have loads off bass players these days started using plectrums?
Anyway who have seen Trivium Or Bullet for my vallentime they have sum crazy guitar riffs Shocked .
And finally i just wanted to know who have heard the band Coheed and Cambria it seems that i am the only one out off my friends who have heard off em
well anyway people carry on playin guitar and bass the longer you pratice the better you will get (soz couldnt controll myself Embarassed )
Spite
Yari Ashigaru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah I've heard of Coheed and Cambria, I'm not exactly au fait with them though.

I have however recently become of the fact that they have a pretty mean bassist. I mean, this guy can play like very few people I know of![/b]
Reis_Winds
Ronin Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a newbie at guitar, and I don't think I'm getting better because I still don't have any blisters. I'm really trying to learn on my own... but sooner or later might want to take lessons.

This Christmas, I'm looking forward to buy a brand new Les Paul Epiphone, Gibson or Fender with a mini amp. I'm really excited and can't wait.
[IMG:432:143:0a18b764ae]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Reiswinds/betternastysigD.gif[/img:0a18b764ae]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
solivone
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of you out there who wants too play or get sum theory just talk to me or any other person on this site that knows how to play guitar good
if you all want good tabs try www.powertabs.net there pretty reliable
(ahh can't wait for christmas getting a Jackson RR3 RHoads Very Happy )

What type off music is everyone playin im just curios to what music people like to play on this site Smile
sepet
Punished by admin (points deducted)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: guitar,guitar!! Reply with quote

well, i'ld love to, but maybe not in this near time. but now i;m loking forward to learnig it, maybe informally(fr. friends or someone else). hmm, just can't wait to learn it.
Reis_Winds
Ronin Samurai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I really don't many things now... but the type of music I'd go for is the type that'd make girls scream my name.

Something like soft rock or alternative... I just want recognition from the ladies when I become better. Haha! I'd like play like the guitarists from band's like Brand New or The Good Life.

My other style would be PUNK, because I just love the energy and feel of punk rock music. Bands like The Clash, The Misfits... etc. I want my guitaring skills to fill people up with energy like those bands do.

Lastly... I wanna play music that'd make girls dance. Kinda like Franz Ferdinand... Yeah fellas. I really wanna learn to impress the ladies! haha
Just kidding, more for myself.

Anyway, do any of you have tips on tuning a guitar by ear? I don't have enough money to buy a tuner right now... so would like to know how to tune by ear. I've tried... but I always end up snapping the strings. I'd appreciate it if you could give me tips on tuning. Thanks in advance.
[IMG:432:143:0a18b764ae]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Reiswinds/betternastysigD.gif[/img:0a18b764ae]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
solivone
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to know how to tune by ear you could get a keyboard and press the note that you want to tune by (using the notes from middle c and onwards) and tune low or high to wat you guitar strings sounds like it should go from low to high EADGBE this starts from the e that is in the middle c dont go down keep goin up from letter to letter if you keep doin this you will get it right.
And if you want to tune to drop D you hit the 7th fret on the bottom E then the A string and keep tuning the E string untill it sounds like the A string while still fretting the 7th fret.
Hope you understand (im not very good at explaning stuff Embarassed ) if you dont understand go on www.powertabs.net they will prob explain it better then me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: