Search:

User: Password:

Anime-Source.Com: Forums

Anime-Source.com :: View topic - Full Metal Alchemist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Metal Alchemist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> Non-Hosted Manga Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluesdrive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, I must have mistaken a part of his funky outfit for the tattoo. He only has one on his leg. Alas, the joy of having made a discovery fades.
doujo
Daimyo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluesdrive wrote:
My bad, I must have mistaken a part of his funky outfit for the tattoo. He only has one on his leg. Alas, the joy of having made a discovery fades.

oh well... it would have been a cool discovery! Wink but anyway envy is way older than ed, so maybe that even if he would have had the tattoo on his arm as well, it wouldn't have made sense!
hazedream
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any1 interseted to noe the ending??? u'll find it disappointed though
kevinn
Daimyo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean by the ending?? anyway don't spoil the story ok? if you wanted to tell us about the ending please use the spoiler ok. thx Wink
lmr316
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err...any news on Ch 46... Sad looking for spoilers!!heh!
K
newbie!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i miss FMA. now i kant find it newhere
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lmr316
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emm...if you followed this thread...the page before..someone posted a link to FMA...
Yebyosh
A-Source Admin
A-Source Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Chapter 46 : The Distant Back Reply with quote

We start off with a horse-driven wagon. The horses are frightened and thus jittery. Of course, they should be... with Hohemheim Elric aboard the wagon. He is intently looking at the photo of his family, thus leading to a discussion with a mother. Hohemheim comments that a father figure seems to be unneeded for Ed anymore and that besides of something like a quarrel, he has no more reason to return to the house as well. However he also states that he will likely meet with his family again, because they are Alchemists.

The wagon gets stopped by a bunch of gun-wielding bandits. The driver is wounded. One bandit climbs on board the rear of the wagon and is faced by Hohemheim who gets shot...! However he moves about freely with two bullet holes in his chest. Another bandit shouts "I'll freakin blow your head off!" and starts shooting as well.

The scene ends with a police patrol chancing upon the wagon. The driver said that the bandits had fled screaming "Monster!", without taking anything. Hohemheim while tut-tutting over the bullet holes in his clothes and glasses, is relieved that his family photo is undamaged. The woman asked "What... what are you.... with that kind of a body...!?" To which a four panel spread with ( from right to left ) Hohemheim, Bradley, Ling and Gluttony appear and Hohemheim replies "I'm a monster"...

Title: Chapter 42 - The Distant Back
Subtitle "Is this what 'humans' created to be above humans, are!?"

Bradley comments that only very few people are able to avoid his attacks and Lan Fan is now one of them. Gluttony moves to chomp on Lan Fan but her Prince slices off his hands and half his head. Carrying his close guard on his shoulder, he prepares to flee but Bradley asks if he thinks he can escape from his eye ( note the singular ). As Ling always say, "You won't know till you try, right". We launch into a swift swordfight. Ling handles himself well but perhaps with Lan Fan on his shoulder is starting to be on the losing end. He moves into Bradley's "blind spot" ( the left side with the covered eye ) thinking that he can gain an advantage. However he played right into Bradley's hand, whom had set up Ling to move into the rejuvenated Gluttony. *BHAM* Ling goes flying into a building next door.

Bradley comes to interrogate Ling on who he is, what purpose he is here for and for what purpose he came to know of Gluttony and gang. He says that Ling would only have a chance to escape if he abandons his baggage ( Lan Fan ). Ling gets pissed off and asks if Bradley would abandon his friends if they fall... Bradley shot back "Yes, I will" before even Ling finishes his statement. Bradley also says that he will do it without hesitation to live.

Ling challenges Bradley's position as leader of the nation stating that "A King is someone who exists for the people ( citizens ). Without his people, there is no need for a King." He calls Bradley "You are no true King". Lan Fan caps this off by dropping off a flash grenade. Ling who had already ascertained the environment before the interrogation starts to make his move to the exit, thinking that the Homunculi are blinded ( "You rely too much on your eye, Bradley!" ). However a sabre tossed into the wall right in front of his eyes stops him...

Bradley reveals his left eye... "This eye is still working well, thank you" The eyepatch had helped to block off the blinding effects of the flash grenade. Gluttony is blinded for the moment though. Bradley said that if Ling wants to talk crap about a "True King", he should know that "There is no true King anywhere in this world!!"

We now switch scene to the grave of Maes Hughes. Standing in front of it is Winry, Glacier and Elicia. Winry comments that the last time she saw her parents was of their diminishing backs as they promise to return quickly after they go to Ishbal. She says that she missed smiling while between her parents and had found comfort in seeing the Maes, Glacier and Elicia then in a similiar position, and was very happy to be welcomed into their family. Glacier wonders when the sweet and happy feelings will come again, because without Maes, the house is somewhat lonely...

While walking back, Winry learns that the Elrics have gone berserk Laughing As she hears more however, she learns of the Alchemist serial killer, Scar and gets worried for them, sprinting off to find them.

Back to the Elrics, Ed and Al are getting worried over why the Homunculi have yet to appear. Scar is gradually gaining the upper hand here. Scar snipes that if Ed took his "judgement" like a man, things would be over already. To delay for time, it is philosophy time Laughing Al challenges Scar, saying that if he hates Alchemy so much, why does he use it! Scar simply refers back to East City where he says that if Alchemists are Makers, they are Destroyers as well. Al says they do not just destroy, they create as well, whereas how can a man proclaiming himself acting on the name of God can go around killing people in the name of justice.

Al with the mention of East City, recalls Nina and brings her issue directly into Scar's face. Scar remembers the Tuckers and while recalling the words of the Silver Alchemist about the enemies of Alchemy being totally ignorant over the ways of the Alchemists, retorts back about how can an art of creating life bring about someone creating a chimera out of his own daughter! How can the Elrics worship an art that brought about such a tragedy!!? Ed is stubborn on pinning Scar with why must he kill Nina. Scar simply answers that as Ed should know, Nina can no longer be restored to before, left like that, she will be brought in and be treated like a lab rat, experimented on, living a life that is way below what self-respecting humans should live. This brings some self-reproaching on the Elrics...

At this time, Ed changes tack by now asking Scar the one question... Would a man acting in the name of God unscrupulously take the lives of doctors who are working to save lives? Pushing on, he mentions Ishbal and the Rockbells, and screams "Scar!! Don't you remember that you killed the husband and wife doctors that were treating you!!"... All this in front of Winry who had ran in ( and Al had tried to warn Ed but failed ). Winry puts two and two together and screams at Scar on why he did it. Scar remains silent but his visage appears to fall into regret... Winry goes psycho and screams for him to return her parents. She reaches for the pistol that is lying on the ground besides unconcious military police while Scar remembers what his master had talked to him about living a life of hatred.

The scene ends with Winry pointing the pistol at the onlooking Scar...

I think the biggest question in this chapter would be...
WTF is Hohemheim?!
Joe-Techno
newbie!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just started to read the manga and i can only say its so damn differfent from that of the anime in so many ways. they may as well branch out and be called Full Metal ALchemist the other Road
Yebyosh
A-Source Admin
A-Source Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe-Techno wrote:
i just started to read the manga and i can only say its so damn differfent from that of the anime in so many ways. they may as well branch out and be called Full Metal ALchemist the other Road
That is incorrect. The anime should be the one retitling itself since it is adapted from the original which is the manga.
doujo
Daimyo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsut too bad I didn't see the anime just yet. I'm going to see it soon, but I'm quite scared I'll be disappointed... anime often are less good than the manga... but we can't really blame them I guess. How's the anime anyway...? Is it better than the manga? (which I doubt) or as good as the manga? or less good?... Laughing
lmr316
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yebyosh for the big spoiler summery... Very Happy

Shocked Things are getting messy!! And Bradely is revealing alot infront of a stranger, isn't he??

I hope they get Scar or something...Winry should slap him with her tools...

Where is Roy anyway... >__<

doujo: personally, i prefer the manga...but the anime has it's good moments...
doujo
Daimyo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmr316: alrighty then thanx ^^
Does anyone know where I could find the 46th chapter of fma?? The websites I have didn't update yet and I see many people already read it...
Yebyosh
A-Source Admin
A-Source Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmr316 wrote:
Shocked Things are getting messy!! And Bradely is revealing alot infront of a stranger, isn't he??
Yeppers... it likely means that Ling is going to die, or Ling escapes and our gang of heroes is likely forced to go underground or flee to Xing ( since the homunculi could be aware of some form of relationship between the Xings and our heroes from the Envy-Gluttony vs Mustang's gang-Xing earlier on )

lmr316 wrote:
Where is Roy anyway... >__<
I guess he is still having fun pinching his nose and playing around on the radio Laughing

doujo wrote:
How's the anime anyway...? Is it better than the manga? (which I doubt) or as good as the manga? or less good?...
Personally, I was enjoying the beginning of the anime as much as the manga. However the enjoyment was getting less and less when we go beyond episode 20. When we go beyond episode 25, I was simply viewing the anime as a plain anime, rather than a must-watch. Different people have different tastes however, there are quite a number of people who enjoy the anime. As for me, the manga up to this point ( and hopefully up to the end ) is one of the best I have read far so.
lmr316
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a mess X( -just saw the scans!!!-

Seeing Hughes grave after the Ling/Bradely fight really scared me... Sad ooooo...run away Ling!! Sad RUUUUUUUUN )

Ling is cool in this chapter... hehe

>__< Roy you baka!! Where are you anyway!? Come and help them...if not Ling, at least the Elrics...

God! How r they going to fix this mess!!

Aww and little Winry is so cute...

So.. Confused do you think Ed's father is a Homuculis!? -___- he didn't even felt the bullets...did he...

Lucifer : Please learn how to use spoiler tags, CLICK HERE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> Non-Hosted Manga Series All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 18 of 26

Jump to: