Search:

User: Password:

Anime-Source.Com: Forums

Anime-Source.com :: View topic - One Piece
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One Piece
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> Non-Hosted Manga Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gengduck
newbie!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oda-sensei does a good job buy not making the same moves old unlike some other manga/anime but he is trying to hard on fights with luffy which he should saved those ideas. He also makes some mistakes that make some characters limited to what they do making it less exiting (eg. no more that one devil fruit. He is also running out of ideas like some fuits...[spoiler] The Doa Doa fruit... Gives abilities to make doors...[/spoiler]
Sanz
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... only 1 devil fruit per person is a good thing cause then you won't have freaken gods running around with like multiple logia devil fruits in them. Also, i thought the Doa Doa Fruit was pretty good and useful. Did you even see what he managed to do to Luffy using its power? Forced him to go into 1st gear. btw, your spoiler didn't work. OMG SPOILER ALERT!
gengduck
newbie!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol... anyways the anime also screws up the manga storyline with its "Fillers". The story also is too long. Oda-sensei need probrably another 20 years to finish this storline
petermomo
newbie!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: I LOVE ONEPICE Reply with quote

This manga is really fun to read. when i start untill now . i still reading onepice.I can't stop reading XD .
japochoboi
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gengduck wrote:
Lol... anyways the anime also screws up the manga storyline with its "Fillers". The story also is too long. Oda-sensei need probrably another 20 years to finish this storline

i agree that the anime sucks. manga is always better cause it is how the mangaka wanted it to be originally. but i dont care how long it takes to finish the manga because it keeps getting better and better and is my favorite manga
qike
newbie!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching the anime and reading the manga. IMO both of them are pretty good...the only thing bad about OP anime is the fillers, but all anime have to have some filler episodes.
choloxsports
Punished by admin (points deducted)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: one Reply with quote

Yup this manga kicks butt. It has such an interesting plot. The characters are each unique and special.
Galactus39
newbie!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I just finished reading through Chapter 396 and it is an amazing manga. When I first started reading, it looked like an impossible task,but once I was sucked into the story line, time flew and 396 chapters have passed. The end of this manga is nowhere in site, because the number of unanswered questions and possible story arcs are countless. This could end up going longer than Detective Conan. The only thing I'm sure of is that if this series goes on for 5 or even 10 more years, I'm sure that I'll still be reading it without skipping a beat.
greydrak
Conscript

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

397 is available, although not widely yet.

Indeed a pretty good explanation, so we should be able to get back to the fight in 398.
397 really explained a bit of how robin ended up being who she is, and i think it might lead to the best fight in One Piece series coming up. Every one of the crew has improved a lot, so this should be one heck of a battle.

look forward to 398, although it probably won't start the fights just yet there, probably just a wrap up of the past by robin, then everyone starts pairing off and about to begin the fighting and end the chapter there.

SOOO looking forward the end for this part, really want to see how they get out of this mess. look forward to when robin ever decide to return to the crew again, it's just so much more fun with her around.
ekorui
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: My new theory: Reply with quote

I've got a new theory after watching the lates k-f-subbed episode of OP, and reading recent chapters of the manga...

First the facts:
There was once a group of archeologists who set out to find the phoneglyphs in search of the true history... Robin's mother was one of them.
20 years ago, their home island was destroyed by the bustier call.
20 years ago, the pirate king (Rogers) was executed.
Rogers also knows how to read the phoneglyphs.

Speculation/my theory:
Robin's mother and the other archeologists were either:
1: among the crew of the pirate king (or he was maybe also an archeologist, you decide), thus he also learned to decipher (read) the phoneglyps.
or 2: they met Rogers and got help from him to find the phoneglyphs, in exchange, they learned him to decipher them.

they're all togheter when the world government finally catches Rogers, and all of them are sent to prison, waiting for the execution.

Then Robin's mother got away and returned to her home island.
The world government are afraid of her and the rest of the world finding out about what happend during the blank age/years (??) or forgotten history, and sent someone out to stop her and everybody with the skill and knowledge of deciphering this.

My point being that there's a connection between the pirate king, the destruction of Ohara and the archeologists, skypeia (spelling?) and pretty much the entire history of the manga, all tieing up, revealed throughout the rest of the manga/anime.
BakaBankai
Daimyo

Location: somewhere at the Grand Line searching for my Zanpaktou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekorui since you are making some speculations, i would like to make some too... below

my speculation/theory :
we are only introduce to a several few that has the D initial in their anime/manga. and those are :
1. Luffy
2. Ace
3. Gold Roger
4. Black Beard
5. Sauro
and it seems like they all possess an extraodinary amount of skill/strenght that we can see throughout the series. Luffy was a unknown pirate that gained his fame after he defeated a member of the Shichibukai, Ace is currently the leader of White Beard's second corp. , Gold Roger was known throughout the world even after his death, Black Beard however destroy the Drum kingdom... but that kingdom was weak... so we dont know if you can consider him strong but probably stronger than the average person. and Sauro was a high rank official in the marines.

Sauro might be Luffy and Ace's grandfather since Akioji did mention something about how he met his grandfather before. during Robin's flash back, we are introduce to Sauro and he was the only member of the "D" family that fought Akioji so far....

Black Beard might be the father of Luffy and Ace while Black Beard might be the son of Sauro. Sauro is a gaint, however it would be strange if his grandkids were normal size humans so Luffy's grandmother must had been a human. Black Beard might have been a half gaint with some human and gaint traits in him. in the Java(somewhere in the grandline before they when to sky island) Luffy and Black Beard sort of have the same personality but Luffy loves meat while Black Beard loves apple pie.

there might still be a chance that Sauro is alive even if he was defeated/frozen by Akioji. but if he was alive.... he would mostly be behind that Gate of Justice thing.

Sanz - it impossible for someone to eat two devil fruit. remember Lucchi said that eating two will cause you to blow up or if you luckily survive... you will receive another curse along with the power gained.

ekorui - as for how Gold Roger was able read/decipher the phoneglyps... i think he might had also been from Ohara and was an archeologists or he might had had one onboard his ancient weapon. btw, do you think that their is some connection between Gold Roger and Robin ?

it looks like this thread is starting to die... Crying or Very sad

edit - 398 raw
it looks like Soge King(Ussop undercover) learned some new tricks.... when he shot out a flaming bird towards the Enie Loby's World Government flag. Robin probably changed her mind on about how she wanted to die after Luffy said something emotional nad Franky crid too. Smile btw, Lucchi and Zoro had some kind of insance look on their face after the bridge was lowered. Laughing
[IMG:160:160:fcaa7f4111]http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/433/11466664551633hy.gif[/img:fcaa7f4111]
Galactus39
newbie!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since everybody is sharing their various theories, I figured I'd share mine as well.

First I'd like to look at the connection between Ohara and Gol D. Roger. Ohara, ofcourse, were the only ones left at the time who were capable of deciphering the poneglyphs and somehow made a connection with Roger. The execution of Roger and the Buster call on Ohara happening at nearly the some time is too much of a coincidence. Therefor it would seem that the best explanation would be that they both travelled together in search of the poneglyphs. Wether roger was after Pluton or the rio poneglyph (like the scholars) is hard to tell.

Next on the issue about Luffy's grandfather. I had never really thought about Sauro being Luffy's grandfather and it is an interesting theory that may be quite possible. However, I feel that Aokiji already repayed his debt to Sauro when he spared Robin's life and allowed her to escape from the buster call. I don't think he would spare Luffy's life to repay a debt to Sauro that he already payed. In addition, judging from Luffy's reaction when Aokiji mentioned Luffy's grandfather, it seemed to have been someone he knew well, rather than someone he heard stories of, which would be the case since Sauro died before Luffy was born. My theory is that Luffy's grandfather has yet to be introduced to any of us yet and ofcourse will play an integral role in piecing together the mystery of the poneglyph.

Next, about the forgotten hundred years. Now I'm gonna be really grasping at straws here. First thing to look at is the strength, fortitude, and ambition of those with D in their name. All have proven themselves at some point or another through the story. They don't have to be necessarily related, but the D may stand for something else. A lost country perhaps? The theory that Ohara uncovered about the lost 100 years was that the world government wiped out another powerful civilization during that time and then basically rewrote history. I believe that the D's are not normal people in that they are all decendants of the ancient civilization that was destroyed by the world government. That would explain why they are all so extraordinary. I believe that both Luffy and Robin's journey towards the true history will lead them to the giants' home of Elbaf. Since giants have longer life spans, the history or legends that are passed down on their island will only be at the most, 3 generations old, making this a much more accurate source of info and they probably have their own poneglyph on the island.

Lastly, what is One Piece? Is it Pluton, the rio poneglyph, or perhaps a map to the remains of the ancient lost civilization? Who knows?

Well, the only thing I'm sure of is that with all the mysteries still left in this manga, it will be going for a long time, and I'm sure that I'll be reading it until I finally understand exactly what's going on.
greydrak
Conscript

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pluton isn't the only weapon from the old worlds was it, it could very well be others or more that rogers was going after.

one piece, was everything he owned or something to that extent right? so it's probably not just one thing. Besides, rogers was one heck of a pirate in the past, whatever he left to carry on his pirate age would be pretty damn interesting.

398 just came out, and it's pretty good, finally brought an end to the memory part, and now, we're going to fight!!!!!!!!

399! GO GO GO!!!
oh yeah, sogeking finally did something cool in 398, i was surprised at that shot...
juggmon_jugg
Conscript

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ BakaBankai: Sorry but there is no way in hell that Blackbeard is Luffy's and Ace's father. There's no way I can imagine that he would be serving Ace at some point, and that the only way he could make himself famous would be to take on his son. Its possible though that Sauro is Luffy's grandfather though but I can't see that being the case either really.

@ ekorui: There's a chance that some of the scholars hooked up with Gol D. Roger, but prolly not Olivia. The reason that Roger was executed (aside from the fact that he's a pirate) may just be that he had the means to decipher the poneglyph. I'm kinda surprised that he didn't end up in Impel Down instead of being executed in his home town though so I'm kinda thinking that he just got eliminated to set an example to other pirates.

@ Galactus39: Completely agree with you on the issue of Luffy's grandfather. I'm not sure that Gol D. Roger would be in search of the Rio Poneglyph (I wouldn't think he would be interested in it), but since the knowledge of that history was forbidden, he prolly chased after it just because he was told he shouldn't.

Here's something I was confused about: What is the connection between the blueprint of that warship and Robin? If the blueprint was for Pluton and if its inventor was the guy who built the ship for Roger, and Robin is apparently needed to help Spandam built this great warship, does that mean that Roger's ship was Pluton? This is the only part of the manga that seems to confuse the heck out of me.
BakaBankai
Daimyo

Location: somewhere at the Grand Line searching for my Zanpaktou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juggmon_jugg - ...i said Black Beard might be Luffy's and Ace's father... but their no point in getting into details about it since Oda did not provide enough information for us to be sure of it.

Quote:
Here's something I was confused about: What is the connection between the blueprint of that warship and Robin? If the blueprint was for Pluton and if its inventor was the guy who built the ship for Roger, and Robin is apparently needed to help Spandam built this great warship, does that mean that Roger's ship was Pluton? This is the only part of the manga that seems to confuse the heck out of me.

maybe the blueprint was in poneglyph or a language similar to it then Robin is needed to decipher it. by that guy you mean Tom right ? i believe that Roger's warship was Pluton since several government officials came to Tom and tried to convince him to hand it over to them. they also accused Tom of helping the Pirate King by building that warship of mass destruction. btw, i m confused now.... can someone explain to me what happen to Gold Roger's Pluton if it was all powerful.... i dont think it was destroy but there might be a possibly that he hide it along with his One Piece....

another speculation/theory :
like ekorui said 20 years ago was the time when Robin's homeland was destroyed and Gold Roger was excuted... Robin was 8 at the time. does anyone think that Robin might be Gold Roger's daughter.

kind of off topic but is Arlong Park gone or something since i wasnt able to go into it
[IMG:160:160:fcaa7f4111]http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/433/11466664551633hy.gif[/img:fcaa7f4111]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> Non-Hosted Manga Series All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 18 of 25

Jump to: