Search:

User: Password:

Anime-Source.Com: Forums

Anime-Source.com :: View topic - Dragon Ball Live Action
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Ball Live Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primrose
A-Source Staff
A-Source Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinchaosvs wrote:

By the way, where's Piccollo's antenna ?

Ok, frankly, it's not that bad (based on trailer alone) if you don't think of it as Dragon ball -- just treat it as the typical Hollywood action fanfare.

Yeah.. where is his antenna ? ;[. Yah for sure it looks pretty good as long as you accept the fact that it is a Hollywood version of Dragon Ball and not the original ;]

The only thing that really made me go ;/ on the trailer is that Roshie says it's 7 Mystics banded to fight the invaders and created the 7 Dragon Balls. Other then that the hover bike from the capsule?? was awesome and the Kamehameha was pretty sweet too ;]
Yari Ashigaru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piccolo is not even green (well, not green enough) no Krillin? This is blasphemy Mad This movie is no doubt going to be an epic failure Sad

EDIT: Now the title is Dragonball: Evolution *sobs*
Destiny81
jdorama freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shonenjumpgirl wrote:
Piccolo is not even green (well, not green enough) no Krillin? This is blasphemy Mad This movie is no doubt going to be an epic failure Sad

EDIT: Now the title is Dragonball: Evolution *sobs*

i agree with you girl, really disappointed with the movie, they redo the whole thing even bulma image they totally changed it Mad
A-Source Admin
A-Source Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opened in Japan tonight. I will see it tomorrow and be sure to come back and share my thoughts... though I don't know much about DB, so I won't have much to compare it with. I'm interested to see a live-version of ANY anime, heehee.
xenocrisis0153
A-Source Admin
A-Source Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenocrisis0153 wrote:
opened in Japan tonight. I will see it tomorrow and be sure to come back and share my thoughts...

in case you didn't notice the blog entry...

http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules.php?name=Blog&bop=display_entry&id=477
ShinRay
Conscript

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so yes he is quite green, no antennae, no krillin, no piccolo is not a mayan god, the dragon balls are no longer made by namekian's, bulma looks different but she acts very much like the original bulma in the DB days before DBZ, Yamcha is a bandit so no change there but why is his hair dyed blonde? and since when did goku fight against K.P. as a highschool kid? he was like 7-9 when he fought K.P... this is a sad and sorry excuse to be called DragonBall... also what happened with ChiChi's pops? he's not in the movie either and no mention of Kami whatsoever... worse than epic fail this movie is worse than all the filler that was in DBZ but there is no fantastic fight after the filler just more filler! I dont believe i can possibly hate this movie any more... As for it being a movie it looks good, but just because its dragonball it kills me, the action is cool, the CG power waves are good, roshi is played well, killed the entire background, and since when is the giant monkey form of goku reduced down to a 6'ft tall ripped gorilla... oh-saru is how they pronounce it, also since when was piccolo, oozaru's master?
[img:309:203:7cdd53c8c3]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/ShinRay/Photo%20Shop%20Stuff/animeflowersmall.jpg[/img:7cdd53c8c3]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mellowthrasher
Gokenin Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Reply with quote

Itachi-kun wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/
Justin Chatwin plays Goku....the kid from The Invisible. Does he even know the simplest of martial arts? Does he even know what martial arts are?!

Haruhi save us and gives a better Goku.

WHAT?! how dare they =.=

DBZ reduce to a poor acter who doesn't know anything but writing lines....

What is HollyWood doing to Anime now.

Last edited by Mellowthrasher on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
ShinRay
Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly was the post above this for? u quoted something without a reply or any more information added? I dont get it? if your trying to point me to the IMDB site I dont need it I have the movie already...
[img:309:203:7cdd53c8c3]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/ShinRay/Photo%20Shop%20Stuff/animeflowersmall.jpg[/img:7cdd53c8c3]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mellowthrasher
Gokenin Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShinRay wrote:
what exactly was the post above this for? u quoted something without a reply or any more information added? I dont get it? if your trying to point me to the IMDB site I dont need it I have the movie already...

Well bro i kinda quoted over my own words sooo yeah.

Anywho this movie looks like its going to be a rip off, like where's the super sayain hair and the green skin? Why is there a chick with a gun?
No offense but the only girl i saw that kick butt was pan and the robotic 18 chick not some fake miss with some tight pants=.=

And in mexico really? dear me there is SO many things wrong with this movie that's its not even funny.
It doesn't look like they followed anything from the anime or even know anything about the anime of the great DBZ.

A lot of DBZ fans are going to be pissed i can bet you that.

And like always its going to be another flop.

Damn Hollywood people if your going to make a movie off one of the greatest animes alive make sure you do it right Confused
ShinRay
Conscript

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh sorry i didnt notice you quoted yourself lol. But yeah its based on Dragon Ball not DBZ which is an area they screwed up bad... the movie is a flop, and hollywood needs to not change something that is considered the greatest anime ever released... its the greatest for a damn reason... that should mean there is no problem with the script... what the hell is it with hollywood having to make everything stupider just cause the directors, producers, and script writers think its better? really if its something for the people that liked the anime then why the hell would you change it?
Mellowthrasher
Gokenin Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShinRay wrote:
oh sorry i didnt notice you quoted yourself lol. But yeah its based on Dragon Ball not DBZ which is an area they screwed up bad... the movie is a flop, and hollywood needs to not change something that is considered the greatest anime ever released... its the greatest for a damn reason... that should mean there is no problem with the script... what the hell is it with hollywood having to make everything stupider just cause the directors, producers, and script writers think its better? really if its something for the people that liked the anime then why the hell would you change it?

Its all gravy even i was like dang..stupid me.lol

But..

HELLA TO THE YEAH.

I agree 100% with that.

They probably are like, "well lets see what else we can screw up" and probably start trying to remake some of the animes we love , like ghost in the shell, hellgirl, FMA(oh god i hope they don't), Naruto ,Fooly Cooly(they better not-.-)

....It would be a nightmare if they don't just stop with DBZ.

What these Hollywood jerks need to know is..

Anime is not a cartoon or some silly motion picture,its poetic, poetic enough to where it gives us(the viewer) something to enjoy and gain a sense of purpose from because the anime is made while thinking of its fans not money in pockets...hopefully this is the last anime they kill one of our favorites cuz if they go on a rampage like they did with the scary movies(remember:300,Juno,Happy feet...yup all remakes from scary movie) the anime community will totally be displeased and most likely will speak out.
ShinRay
Conscript

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, I really hope they dont even produce anymore live actions out of hollywood, its a sad and pathetic thing to change something that everyone already loves. Especially when those changes are to the main plot of the anime... they automatically made it in the movie DB Evolution so that none of the DBZ saga can ever come into being with the plot changes they made...
Mellowthrasher
Gokenin Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShinRay wrote:
I agree with you, I really hope they dont even produce anymore live actions out of hollywood, its a sad and pathetic thing to change something that everyone already loves. Especially when those changes are to the main plot of the anime... they automatically made it in the movie DB Evolution so that none of the DBZ saga can ever come into being with the plot changes they made...

My thoughts as well.

Dude your cool you know that its always good to meet someone who respect a good anime you know bro.

We could probably make a killer DBZ movie (if we had the money and all that) with all the logic and understanding we have .lol^^

Xeno>> Hey the movie coming out there(japan...lucky dog you-.-) first right? would you mind giving a rating on how it was or if it was a total blow out?
ShinRay
Conscript

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellowthrasher wrote:
Xeno>> Hey the movie coming out there(japan...lucky dog you-.-) first right? would you mind giving a rating on how it was or if it was a total blow out?

I bet we could make a killer DB movie at the very least better than DB Evolution and thank you very much, oh and I have the movie I got a cam of it and the rating for it being just a movie is a 3.5 of 5 as for it being a dragon ball film its a .5 of 5 only because they didn't change anyone's names.
Mellowthrasher
Gokenin Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ShinRay"]
Mellowthrasher wrote:

I bet we could make a killer DB movie at the very least better than DB Evolution and thank you very much, oh and I have the movie I got a cam of it and the rating for it being just a movie is a 3.5 of 5 as for it being a dragon ball film its a .5 of 5 only because they didn't change anyone's names.

Wow its that bad....oh my o.0 ow i think the little otaku fella in me just cried.
Heh hey no no prob bro whenever i meet someone ho is awesome i just gotta tell em'^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: