Search:

User: Password:

Anime-Source.Com: Forums

Anime-Source.com :: View topic - What do you think of the young youth these days?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think of the young youth these days?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimasome
A-Source Great Mama!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: What do you think of the young youth these days? Reply with quote

Knichiwa.

Well, when I was searching in some site I found a topic talking about the young youth these days. Honestly, their discussion about this matter was really good to read.

So, I wanted to see more discussions about it ^^;
Your opinions of them and who do you perfer.

For me they have more disadvantages. They really are good in getting more intellegent and went further into technollogy but what about their opinions and how do they think.
As days passes by, they are becoming more complicated and their point of view in some matters are upsidedown.
Some of them claim that the past is just a dark ages and that they opened their eyes nowdays. I wonder, can we call everything as a dark age and continue on while leaving what happened in the past aside. Should we go on without looking back and studying about them. Are we fine as we are.

Sorry if I sounded a lil harsh.
Wanted to see your opinions of this.
07cbdj
Ronin Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Your opninion most commonly describes the youth nowadays. If they think the past is just dark ages and they opened their eyes, then they are the exact opposite, therefore completely blind.

Altough I, myself being ~19, belong to this age category, I try to be different. But I fear this turns out the bad way and I'll become kind of snobbish... >.>
trueline
Pure Hope

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be more like a comparison betwean youth in old days and nowadays.

I can't really say that old are the best nor nowadays cause each of them has their advantages and disadvantages. Even if I prefer the past over the present then nothing will change. Either I dislike it or change it. The other obtion isn't on my hand so again nothing will change.

My view on them would be
past youth are more reliable. They were raised in a hard life facing difficult situations and they get used to it. I still remember what mom said to me about her mom and grandma's ages. Girls are at 12 years or less are housekeeper (not sure if ts the proper word xD ) they know how to do all the house chores perfectly. And boys more like a men in teenage years.

Youth in nowadays are lazy and the first thing they think of is love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love....till they go insane. They make love EVERYTHING in this world. Everyone had hang out with many, one after another, and they call this experience =/

They also are getting cocky with the knowlege they reach. I wont say that all the young in present are like that but more like a huge number of them.

In present young people are more educated than before and thats a good point but that doesnt mean old youth are happy with level of education that they have (like they intentionally dont like to be educated) or look down on them since we took or learn from the past and keep going forward.

There is something I don't like in past youth which is their way of thinking. I know that they raised with restrictive traditions but human being capable of changing. Girls that time can't be educated or shall I say not allowed to study, she had to be kept in her house without going a step outside the house. They say its for their sake but keeping her uneducated is unfair. If she fell in troubles they start blaming her. Well any uneducated person would get easily tricked.

However, Now things changed but with exaggeration in some points, e.g. young girls can work freely but what do say about women working in factory where the men find it a tiring job? Why they alow females in such jobs.

There are many things I don't like it in youth these days but hope things go better in the near future.

Not all what you think is right is supposed to be right.
tibbit
newbie!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont lie alltho the youth is fun to hang out with and they are quite handy we as a hole arte really fucked up. we are rude inconsiderit and over all laze (my kind of people). if you look at the genral groupe of us even if their are a few of us who are nice smart and modle people (im no ware near this) the mojority of us are a bit unpleasent. but we all have our perks and nice spots about us is raly shows thro out the generation but i guess all in all well jaut have to wait and see how we turn out

I KNOW MY SPELLING AND GRAMMER SUCKS OK... WOW BIG LETYTERS.
Dobby
ass kicked by admin & banned!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young teens now are naughty and all tho the youth is fun to hang out with and they are quite handy we as a hole rate really fucked up. we are rude inconsiderate and over all laze kind of people. if you look at the general group of us even if their are a few of us who are nice smart and model people i am not ware near this the majority of us are a bit unpleasant.
[IMG:400:150:c434d4fd77]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/saber_j/vandreadcopy.jpg[/img:c434d4fd77]
the_scarcifyx
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aggressive Perfector- some

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back the belt to class and stick them in the army for a year.
Simoon
Kyunin Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I belong to this category <.< but I'll just put a comment on youth in general? I don't really know what category to concentrate on.. (education, mindset, goals, etc.) so I'll just put down some random stuff.

I think that youth today vary widely. I've met some people who are very mature, they are good natured and fun to hang out with. They also don't like seeing others get hurt. I usually get along with them. Then I've met people completely opposite. This is to say that they constantly tease and make fun of people, even their own friends. Of course, there are other types as well, Im just using these two as an example to show that we vary a lot.

In terms of education, I would like to think that we are doing better then our ancestors. This is not to be cocky, but because human kind gets more knowledge as time goes on, we should be learning new things that our ancestors didn't. This also isn't saying that youth today are smarter than their ancestors though. I still ask for help from my parents and they know vastly more than I do. (Both from school and from experience)

I once saw an interesting video on today's college students as well. (Im not in college yet) But it showed how many hours they spend doing activities, schoolwork, part time jobs, and such. The total hours was something like 26 or 28. (I don't think it was including sleep either) Which makes me wonder if maybe the youth today don't know how much they can handle and take on too much? I am sort of guilty of that as well, since I've been so busy with schoolwork, sports and clubs that I barely have free time anymore. (Only reason I have time now is that my football season just ended)

The final thing that I would like to mention, at least for now, is one way that the younger generations vary from older generations. Youth today are used to technology and things like that to help them complete tasks. This makes jobs easier and faster than they were in the past. (I still remember my mom telling me how lucky I am to have a computer with spell-check to use instead of a typewriter) So youth today want things to be fast. Very few have patience anymore, and they just want things to be over and done with. (At least where I live <.<) This is different than the older generations, since they seem to usually have more patience. (I don't want people thinking Im being stereo-typical here against the younger or older generations.)

Well thats all I have to say for now. <.<
silvereyesrose
newbie!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am kindo of worried about the young people this day here in puerto rico, only in the car accident die lots of young people between 15-25 and all for velocity and alchool and the criminality have been up really bad is not bad to have a drink with your friends, or go dancing wat is bad when young people really get into drugs. just myopinion

its seem like they dont want to study, dont want to live a long life iam 24 i think i am still in the young area but i really am worry on how the young people are living in this days.
Kimmie-chan
Sunshine Pie
Sunshine Pie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tibbit wrote:
I wont lie alltho the youth is fun to hang out with and they are quite handy we as a hole arte really fucked up. we are rude inconsiderit and over all laze (my kind of people). if you look at the genral groupe of us even if their are a few of us who are nice smart and modle people (im no ware near this) the mojority of us are a bit unpleasent. but we all have our perks and nice spots about us is raly shows thro out the generation but i guess all in all well jaut have to wait and see how we turn out

Dobby wrote:
young teens now are naughty and all tho the youth is fun to hang out with and they are quite handy we as a hole rate really fucked up. we are rude inconsiderate and over all laze kind of people. if you look at the general group of us even if their are a few of us who are nice smart and model people i am not ware near this the majority of us are a bit unpleasant.

Now why did those 2 posts look so similar? Copy and paste maybe?
07cbdj
Ronin Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmie-chan wrote:

Now why did those 2 posts look so similar? Copy and paste maybe?

Dobby does this a lot...
I've already asked if he/she is a bot or something. I haven't read a "normal" post of his/her.

(Sorry for this off-topic post.)
Claymore
Heimin (Commoner)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am second generation Baby Boomer (generation X), I think the most visible difference between my generation and now is realizing when we are competent to be a responsible adult.

For some reason we allow 13 year olds to make life decisions, when in my time 13 meant still having fun and 18 meant adult decisions.

I am old a very old person the only wisdom I have learnt from life is "When we are young, WE KNOW EVERYTHING.

The older you get, the more you realize you do not know anything...and it is okay =)

The younger generation today is much smarter than previous generations, but without wisdom that come with some aging, intelligence is useless.
Kaiya_Yumi
newbie!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually nowadays I do think that the new generation is just becoming worse like for example have you heard of the 8 teens who beats up their 16 year old friend just so they can record it, upload it to youtube and gets like lots of views (what a brilliant idea T_T...)
I know that not all youths are like that (ahem.. that includes me lolz) but majority shows that most teens just dont care about their lives or other ppol lives...
Though there is still hope out there... Rolling Eyes
Terentius
A-Source Staff
A-Source Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Kaiya Very Happy
You've been a member one day and you're already posting here... impressive Cool

I think Confucious said it best:

"The truly wise are those who are aware of their own ignorance."

A lot of the youth of today might have the knowledge but lack the experience to use it. I mean, I'm in my mid-20's and I did some crazy irresponsible stuff during my teens. What changed me was seeing for myself the consequences of my actions and how it can affect other people.

I won't mirror what was said in another thread, but teenage pregnancy is a case in point. They are told how it happens, but they aren't given the guidance to be responsible. End result? Heartache, pain and suffering.

As you quite rightly said Kaiya, it's all about teaching responsibility. So where do youngsters about this? From their parents and their upbringing.

"Kick reason to the curb and surpassing the impossible!" - Kamina, "Gurren Lagann"
ultimasome
A-Source Great Mama!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simoon wrote:
The final thing that I would like to mention, at least for now, is one way that the younger generations vary from older generations. Youth today are used to technology and things like that to help them complete tasks. This makes jobs easier and faster than they were in the past. (I still remember my mom telling me how lucky I am to have a computer with spell-check to use instead of a typewriter) So youth today want things to be fast. Very few have patience anymore, and they just want things to be over and done with. (At least where I live <.<) This is different than the older generations, since they seem to usually have more patience. (I don't want people thinking Im being stereo-typical here against the younger or older generations.)

Do you think this is an advantage or disadvantage?
I really think its disadvantage. Getting further into technology they're tired to walk by their feet and finish the job.

Terentius wrote:
So where do youngsters about this? From their parents and their upbringing.

Some parents can't really do much about them when they grow up.

There is a saying goes here..well, I didn't memorize it well ^^;
But it says that the coming generation will be...more evil?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime-Source.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: